Day 3:
After staying up all night, it was time to head to the Highlands with Liz! We hopped on a bus right by Edinburgh Castle and headed off. Our first stop was plainly to go pee and play with a Highland cow. They're so cute. We did a lot of our sight seeing on the bus, driving for 3 hours at a time. I did a lot of sleeping, as I'm sure you could have guessed. We stopped in Glencoe for some lunch and made friends with Matthew (from Portsmouth) and Sven (from Germany). It's nice to have little traveling buddies. The Highlands in general were just beautiful. Mountains, hills, lakes, rivers, so many natural beauties. Pictures will explain it all.
Our ventures took us finally to LOCH NESS!!!!! It was time to begin our search for Nessie. When we got there, it was the plan to take a boat ride on Loch Ness over to Urquhart Castle. While waiting for the boat, a rainbow appeared on the Loch. What a perfect dayyyyy! The boat ride was gorgeous; pictures will be included. It was now about about 4:00pm and time to head back to Edinburgh. It was about a four hour ride back and we made it in no time.
When we got back, I told my Scottish friends I would come hang out with them and bring Liz along. So we headed over towards their flat, buying whiskey on the way of course. They (Rachel and John) were nice enough to meet us in the middle and walk us there. We all started drinking some whiskey and diet coke (SO GOOD) and played scattegories. That game is so funny. A little bit later, Bennie showed up with his friend Allan who was visiting from Glasgow. After some more drinking we embarked on a journey to a club/bar called Opium. All I will say is that I kicked ass at foosball. Eventually we all got bored of the place and embarked on a crazy journey so a hill/plateau overlooking the entire city. The city was full of twinkling lights in the night. Seriously, such a spectacular view. I believe I actually took a picture of the hill while I was at Edinburgh Castle and if you look in the below blog you can probably see what I'm talking about. There's a monument type thing that's a church and then a columned building.
After moseying around there for a long time we headed back to the flat and hung out some more. I fell asleep on their couch until around 4:00am and then they were such gentlemen (Rachel went to bed) and refused to not take us home. As they walked home we said our good byes. Who knows when I'll see those crazy fools again! I loved them and it felt like we had known each other for a longtime. At least there's facebook!
We took off the next day and crammed for all the papers we had due. Yippee.

No comments:
Post a Comment