Ohhhh man, I have never been so wet as I was today. During class, Brisbane began to receive insane thunder storms resulting in flooding and the highest rainfall in a day in over eight years. Well, knowing my luck, we got to walk to the Brisbane Parliament building…IN THE POURING RAIN! Luckily, I was wearing my bathing suit top and dry fit shorts so at least I wasn’t in uncomfortable wet clothes like some people. The parliament building was cool, as cool as a government building can be I guess. I had a leg up on Westminster parliamentary procedure and whatnot from learning about it in London. The House of Representatives chamber looked just like the House of Commons except instead of the walls and such being emerald green, they were eucalypt gum tree green – haha!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
16 February: Queensland Parliament
Ohhhh man, I have never been so wet as I was today. During class, Brisbane began to receive insane thunder storms resulting in flooding and the highest rainfall in a day in over eight years. Well, knowing my luck, we got to walk to the Brisbane Parliament building…IN THE POURING RAIN! Luckily, I was wearing my bathing suit top and dry fit shorts so at least I wasn’t in uncomfortable wet clothes like some people. The parliament building was cool, as cool as a government building can be I guess. I had a leg up on Westminster parliamentary procedure and whatnot from learning about it in London. The House of Representatives chamber looked just like the House of Commons except instead of the walls and such being emerald green, they were eucalypt gum tree green – haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment