Hyde Park - Sydney

Hyde Park - Sydney

Sunday, February 28, 2010

10/11 February: Beach Days in Byron Bay


One of the graffitied Wicked vans with a bed that a person could rent and sleep in around town. This one happens to have the Beatles.



The lighthouse is at the top of a national park area that I didn't make it up to :[


10th: stroll around cute Byron Bay, hit the beach from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, gooned it up with the tipi mates and four other LC friends staying at the Arts Factory

11th: Today was a complete beach day. Byron Bay probably has one of the best beaches I’ve been to since my time in Australia. Instead of loose sand, all the sand is compacted from the tide coming up so high…which I love as I don’t get sand all over me. The only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the highly salted water. The water in Sydney was more brackish, but getting Byron Bay water up my nose was heinous! Not to mention the sea fleas or baby jellyfish that were stinging me. Oh well, the waves were awesome.

Anna and I took off from the beach together and cuddled in a hammock telling each other stories and then met up with some people at Cheeky Monkeys to get some cheap eats. I had fish and chips this time, classy! It was a pretty chill night as we all had to get up early and catch buses to Brisbane so we finished up some goon and Jack, Kat and I laid in the hammock until the wee hours of the mourn chatting amongst ourselves and telling life stories. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment