Baha, that blog entry from yesterday is ridiculous. Never again.
Day 2:
Today we had to go at 12:30pm to orientation at Imperial College for academic and student life shizz. Woo hoo. Nothing too exciting. But while we were there, Cliff (our trip leader) gave us our first stipend of 250 pounds. Originally we were supposed to get 90, but the pound dropped considerably after they made the budget which means more money for US! The sad thing is, I think I put it in my coat pocket while I went to the bathroom and it must have fallen out in the bathroom because when I went to buy a cell phone (which happens to be Maddie's new Nokia phone :P) it was nowhere to be found. Wtf. So I went back and looked at the college and it was gone. Sad day. Now I've got to wait a week and a half to get more money, which means I'll have to use my own. SUCK! But at least we're getting way more than we're supposed to, so that'll compensate my spending when I get the next installment.
So after orientation I went and bought a pay as you go "mobile" with Molly. It was only 20 pounds for a 10 pound cell phone (they were out of the 3 pound ones) and then a 10 pound "topup" which I guess just means putting 10 pounds on your phone for calls and shizz.
After that I feel like we lounged around the flat and then went...GROCERY SHOPPING! Bout time we get some food. There are three choices in our area: Whole Foods (lol), Sainsbury's, and Waitrose (?). We were told by our RA Jai that Sainsbury's is the less expensive one. I'd say it was about a 15-20 minute walk? I brought my backpack for easy carrying.
When we got there, the whole process was overwhelming. They didn't have any of the same brands so I didn't really know what I was looking out for and there were SO many aisles and SO many good deals. At the end of each aisle there's stuff marked 1/2 off. Damn, that's where I'm going to do all my shopping. I bought two bottles of wine for 6 pounds. HELL YEAH. I got some noodles and bread and lots of other shit for only 85 pence each. It was bomb. AND!!!!! For those of you who know about my love of mayonnaise...THEY HAD HELLMAN'S LIGHT! MY BRAND BABY! Thank god. I was worried. So I checked out and packed my stuff up (it's all self-pack), waited for Molly and Liz, and headed back to HPG.
When we got back we unpacked some stuff and then lounged around in the common room to watch some TV. I was determined to watch some bad British television. I WAS NOT DISAPOINTED! At first we were watching Hollyoaks, which I feel like is a show like Skins but for a little bit older crowd. I just remember the em0-gay-but-not-gay-character who had a blonde swoop haircut, black nail polish, eyeliner, and a sassy sweater. Then we started watching some other show circa 1998. It was these priests or something trying to be funny and calling this woman a vicar (?) and commenting on how nice her ass was. All the men on the show were at least in their 60's. It was just fucking weird.
Then, Mike Cathcart, Liz and I decided to go out to an Indian restaurant we had seen on Glocester. I ordered a pint of Kingfisher (Indian beer) and Prawn Drukhan (I think). We all split an order of garlic non and good thing too because my shit was SPICY! I was almost in pain it was so hot. The funny thing is I was already really buzzing from the beer and my mouth was on fire. It was intense and I could tell I was acting retarded...lol.
Anyway, then we walked back, watched some more TV, I blogged, and then went to bed at midnight. All this walking makes everyone tired as fuck, especially because it's been 25 out. CHILLY!
But now, it's time for eggs and toast! WOO!


No comments:
Post a Comment