Hyde Park - Sydney

Hyde Park - Sydney

Monday, January 26, 2009

22 January: Class, Masala Zone Group Dinner, Kings Cup

Because we went to the Transport Museum on Wednesday, we had to make up that class the next day, unfortunately :P. The only thing I really remember about the class is an hour and a half documentary we watched called We Are the Lamberth Boys. It was a REALLY interesting piece on a kids recreation type club that held dances, had cricket games, etc etc. in Lamberth, which is a part of the most southern part of London. It used to be a very poor area, but gentrification began in the late 1940s, and the documentary took place in the early 1950s. It told the story of these 17-18 year olds and their lives. The movie was really excellent quality and it was so neat to see how teenagers actually acted, talked, and what sort of clothes they wore.

After class, we had a group dinner at a very nice Indian restaurant called Masala Zone. I had a delicious garlic prawn bowl and some garlic naan with two vodka tonics. Mmmmm. I was sooo full, but it was inSANELY good, if a little spicy.

Some of us then headed to Imperial where my friend Max met us. We played good games of "never have I ever" and scattegories as we drank our pints. Seriously, cider is the BEST. After that, we went with Max to his dorm room at Imperial to grab some stuff for Kings Cup (we're going to play at our flat). Let me tell you, their rooms/complexes are SO NICE and contemporary and newwww. Max invited his friends that I've met a couple times. They were Zoe, Gareth, Sam, and Francois (Sam's French friend). Our big group walked just the couple blocks to HPG and busted our the cards and booze for Kings Cup. It was a GREAT game. There were a lot of us playing and it was nice to have the Imperial kids there for some diversity. At around 2:00am, some people wanted to go to bed so Jeanette and I accompanied the Imperial kids back to their dorms; no way were we ready to head to bed! We ended up in Sam's room and listened to a whole range of music. Some were throwbacks to middle school/early high school, and others were mutual faves (like MUSE!). Some how...we got so caught up in our listening party, that we didn't realize how late (or early) it was! Jeanette and I ended up leaving at 6:00am from Imperial, and, like the gentlemen they were, Sam and Francois walked us back to HPG.

I didn't wake up til 1:30pm the next day. Yes. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment